Blog description

A little blog about my big loves; family, friends, stitching and yep, chocolate!

Chocolate Loving Followers!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Teeny Tiny Treasures!

We had our Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild meeting this past Sunday.  I always enjoy getting to see these exceptionally talented women and spending a little time with them.  They're inspiring, creative, crazy talented and totally fun!  I was chatting with some of them when my friend and fellow blogger Lisa (The Inspired Stitcher) came over to say hello.  Lisa is one of the many guild members that have also joined me in the Snooty Parrots Stitch-a-long on Facebook.  Lisa had a little surprise for me and when I opened it, I couldn't believe it!  Look at this darling little teacup. 
It has a tiny, snooty parrot for the handle!  
Isn't it precious? 
She found it at an antique shop and said the minute she saw it she thought of me and said that she couldn't leave the shop without it.  Awww... I know, right? 
This is a teeny, tiny treasure, and I'm totally tickled to have received it.  
 

I have to show this pic of Lisa and me just so you can see how tiny this cup really is! 

Adorable.  It is now safely tucked in a mini cabinet in my craft room where it won't get broken!
(that's my Snooty Parrots Sampler the cup is sitting on)
Thank you so much, Lisa! 
 
Oh!  Those samplers you see behind Lisa and me... those belong to Lori from La D Da.
She attended our meeting and helped us finish our little name tag bags she designed.
What a sweet gal, she is.
 
 
 
 
 
These are some of the drumkeeps made the first day of class (sorry, don't know who they all belong to). The one in front is mine and you can see why I don't like hand sewing.
I'm impatient and it looks crappy.  Why are photos of fabric looking so yucky???
Anyway...
  Maybe if I cover the seam with chenille trim, it'll look better.
That pretty box in the background was made by Heather (a KSSG member and sister-friend) and was filled with the best treasures! It is a With Thy Needle and Thread pattern called Strawberry Hill Sampler. Heather copied some sampler fabric onto paper and used that to line the inside of the box (Whitman's Candy box).  The whole thing was beautiful - I wish I had taken more pictures.
 
During the KSSG meeting (2nd day of class), I finished a side or two of the hand sewing on my name tag, then realized I still had to do the back side.
Oh, no! I hate hand sewing (see above)!
 
Sweet Vickie offered to take it home and do it for me! Really? Yes, please.
Thank you so much, Vickie!
See what I mean.... super sweet members.
 
This is a sampler Lori will be releasing sometime in the near future:
 
Sorry, don't know the name of the sampler or exact date of release.
 
And, if that's not enough...

How's this for exciting news:
Our annual guild auction is on May 4th and Lori said she would send some of her older
La D Da finishes for us to include in the auction!
Yes, really!
If you are anywhere close to the Northville, Michigan area that Sunday, please come by.
Gathering is at 1 PM with the auction beginning at 1:30 PM
Location: United Methodist Church
777 W. Eight Mile Road
Northville, MI 48167
There will be live and silent auctions as well as a bake sale.
Please come, if you can!
You won't be sorry!
There is no charge to attend for members but there may be a nominal charge for non members (not sure about that).  There are so many beautiful hand mades for auction, you won't be disappointed!  Bring your wallet!  Cash and check, gladly accepted.
One of our guild members is donating a quilt she made and her work is AMAZING!
 
I am going on a LOT of travel the next few months...
one week in Kettering, Ohio
one week in I can't remember where, Maryland
two weeks in San Diego, California and
one week in California, Maryland.
I will not have a ton of time for extra curricular things due to the work schedule but if anyone knows of not to miss shops or eateries in these areas, I'd love a recommendation or two.
 
Thanks for stopping by and for all the comments on my last post. I feel like blogging is really being left behind by Instagram and Facebook and appreciate you letting me know you were here! 
 
Be well,
Peace,
Terri

32 comments:

Barb said...

Your post has so much beautiful stitching!! Plus , such a cute cup! Enjoy your travels.

donnacrafts said...

Great post...the cup is adorable. Truthfully, I am mainly reading about samplers on Facebook now. I have stopped updating my blog.

Melissa said...

What a fun post. I'm sure it was great to meet Lisa and the pressie she brought is so cute! What a treasure.

As to your hand finish, ahem, I will say the same as what I said about mine "it's prim" and then let it go. The little drum looks super cute!

That sampler looks pretty awesome...there's no way my "top 20" will stay the same for long!

Have fun with your travels! Maybe you will find new treasures on these trips too!

Margaret said...

What a treat this post is!!!!! OMG! I love that tiny tea cup Lisa gave you! What a sweetheart she is! Love the drumkeeps! You always notice any flaws on something you make more than others will -- yours looks fine! Love seeing the show and tell -- that box is amazing! And OMG that sampler Lori is going to release! I can't wait! Thanks so much for sharing!

marly said...

Perfect teacup! I adore those drums. Never saw them before. Always enjoy your posts. I don't have Instagram and I don't do Facebook, so thanks for the post! I have no idea how to find the right person and when I do, I can't see anything!

Simply Victoria said...

What a darling little cup! Your guild sounds like great group.

Catherine said...

What fun! Love that teacup ~ so sweet! Let me know where in MD ~ especially if you'll be anywhere Balitimore or the PA/DE lines...

Anne said...

What a lovely post Terri!! That teacup is adorable and perfect for you! So sweet of Lisa! Love the photo of you two. The drumkeeps are adorable and look very prim :D The La D Da samplers are amazing! Good luck at the auction! Hugs!

Von said...

I really like those little drums!
Safe travels to you and enjoy!! :)

Patti said...

Oh everything is so very lovely! Lori is a doll and wonderful teacher! How I wish I could come to your auction! wish it was closer :)
Thanks for sharing here as I am not on Facebook.
Blessings, Patti

Mouse said...

ohhh that wee cup is adorable ... won't hold enough tea for this mouse ...lol lovely to see you both and gorgeous work on display and also stitched ... oooooo shame I am on this side of the pond as would have loved to come and visit the auction ... love mouse xxxx

MANUELA ALBANESE said...

I wish you a lovely Easter !
Manuela

cucki said...

Wow so much fun and the tiny cup
Is so sweet..
Hugs x

Christine said...

Such beautiful work, and I adore the little tea cup

Chris said...

What a wonderful guild meeting. Your drum pincushion looks great.
What a sweet find from Lisa.
Safe travels over the next couple of months. I hope that you get to see some wonderful places.

Vickie said...

What a great time and a great group! Glad to hear from you.

Annie said...

You sure are having fun lately. Lots of stitchy goodness going on in your part of the world. The teacup is so perfect for you.. what a fun surprise. And prims are supposed to be prim...hand-sewing and all!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I just smile when I see that picture of us. It was a fun visit for sure. I'm looking forward to next month too. I've got some suggestions for you for the Kettering area. Hugs!

Robin in Virginia said...

What an adorable tea cup you received from Lisa and what a fabulous weekend you had with your guild. Don't know anything about California, but if you are near Ocean City in Maryland, there is Salty Yarns.

Robin in Virginia

Jackie said...

Love your beautiful, diminutive cup and all those samplers from La D Da, which is one of my favorite designers also. On your drumkeep, I really like the imperfections and would refrain from the trim. I like it the way it is. Between all the social outlets really takes a balancing act. LOL.
TFS and I really enjoyed reading your post.
Jackie:)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a sweet remembrance! I agree about blogging being left behind. The other options are quicker for everyone, but you just don't get the same ... closeness?? Ah, just as the neighbor has gone by the by; right? Be safe and enjoy your coming travels!

Shirlee said...

Oh wow! First of all, fantastic post! I so enjoyed reading about all your adventures & experiences! And that little cup is adorable & yes, perfect for you! Lisa is a sweetie for sure. Love the pic of you both : )

Natasha said...

Oh Wow! What a fun post. I love all the beautiful pictures. That tea cup is darling what a sweet present.

I agree about blogging I though still enjoy visiting blogs and reading posts.... Have safe travels and I am sure you will get alot of ideas for places to visit along your travels :D

Evelyne said...

Wow I love your drum pincushion.
The box in the background is also beautiful!

have a nice Easter weekend,
Evelyne

Angela said...

Lovely teacup, lovely stitching! Enjoy your travels :)

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching. Your gift is just lovely.
Don't do Facebook or Instagram so your blog posts are appreciated.

Sherry :o) said...

I thought your drumkeep was lovely and the hand-sewing was FINE! Remember, that gets better with practice and I always see the flaws in my own!

Good to see you - have safe travels and can't wait 'til auction.

MartyG said...

Vicki and Lisa are lovely friends. Hand sewing does take patience. If you really don't like it, definitely have someone else do it. Gives you more stitching time. Thanks for not giving up on the blog. I am not on Facebook or Instagram.

Brigitte said...

Oh Terri, how wonderful. I wish I had such kinds of sampler guilds around here. But no such thing. You must have had a great time with the ladies.

Karoline said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend, that tea cup is very cute

Halland House Gifts said...

Terri, I totally follow you on Bloglovin. It would be sad if I had switch over to FB. I could, but your blog is so much more beautiful and intimate. :-) What a wonderful guild you are in. To be a fly on the wall. :-)

Tammy said...

Well that sure looked like it would be fun! Love that teacup too!