Blog description

A little blog about my big loves; family, friends, stitching and yep, chocolate!

Chocolate Loving Followers!

Friday, December 30, 2016















Hello, friends!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day and that it was as happiness filled as ours.  The truth of the matter is, I never thought Christmas would be as special as it was when our boys were little. The magic of the day was always amplified by their laughter and the sparkle of belief in magic, in their eyes.  They were the most special times and I treasure those memories.  This Christmas was every bit as special, and every bit as memorable.  Christmas day with my Rob, my boys, my dad and my mom was a gift that I will forever treasure.  We do not know how many more Christmases we will get with my mom where she will be able to understand what's going on, so we all did everything we could to make it a perfect day for her.  The happiness and surprise in her eyes, as she opened her many gifts, was the best gift I could have gotten.  It was special.  There are so many days where she is confused about everything around her and words just don't come very easily and it is heartbreaking .  But this day, oh, this day was wonderful!  





Look at that face.  That beautiful, joy filled face!


                                                 

   ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒบ  ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒน ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท



I
 do have something stitching related to show you!  I know I showed you my finished PSS 'A Yuletide Welcome', but I didn't show it to you framed.  Did I?  Anyway, here it is.  If I already showed you this, I'm sorry.  I love how it turned out and as I planned, I will leave it out year round.



I also want to show you a beautiful gift I received from my friend Judy.  She is an amazing stitcher and always makes the most beautiful things for our guild auction.  I was flabbergasted when she made this for me.  Isn't it beautiful?  It is an old Carriage House Samplings pattern, 'A Quaker Stocking', and she finished it beautifully!  It will also hang in my home, year round.

Finally, thank you to all of you that sent my sweet mother a birthday card for her 80th birthday.  She was overwhelmed by how many of you sent them and at how pretty they were. She received over 100 cards from most of our states and many foreign countries.  I can't tell you how fun it was to go to the mailbox everyday and receive so many cards!  You all wrote such sweet notes and she was just giggly about it.  You all are the best and I appreciate it more than I can tell you.  Her 80th birthday was special because of you We had a great meal with a few close friends and family.
My parent's good friends Bob and Nadine on each end of the sofa, my mom, her brother Charlie and my dad are in the center.

We had a wonderful meal with the table surrounded by a canopy of 40 balloons.


Finally, we set off Chinese paper lanterns for a little love and luck.
Everyone tied a special wish onto their lantern and we let them go.  It was a clear, beautiful night and the lanterns soared and looked like their own constellation.

Those are all lanterns in the distance except of course, the moon.
Spectacular!



 The lanterns were made of entirely biodegradable material so it was not only pretty in the night sky, it was safe for the planet when they landed! 


Thank you for your friendship, your comments and your support as I go through my stitching and life journey.  I appreciate you all more than you can know.  Here's hoping for a healthy and happy and prosperous New Year for all of us.


Be well,
Peace,
Terri










21 comments:

LKICT said...

So glad your mom had a good day! What a special time. Happy New Year

marly said...

I'm so sorry! How did I miss a post to send your mom a card for her birthday? Maybe I didn't and forgot completely, which isn't unusual lately. So glad she had such a special birthday party and Christmas. And you too.

Marilyn said...

It looks like your Mom had a very special Birthday and Christmas.
Love the idea of the lanterns.
Yuletide Welcome and the Quaker stoking are both awesome.
Wishing you a healthy, Happy New year.
Marilyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Terri, your mother is lovely. How sweet those pics are of her in her jammies enjoying her gifts! What wonderful memories your family made that day. Wishing you all the best in 2017!
Robyn

Vickie said...

You have brought tears of joy to my eyes with this post Terri. God bless you all!

Stasi said...

What a fabulous gift you have given your Mom...your love!!!
Looks like she thoroughly enjoyed her special days and even if she has trouble remembering, you and your family will always have those memories!
Happy New Year!
Stasi

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Terri, what a beautiful post you have written! I am glad you were able to enjoy Christmas fully with your parents. Happy belated birthday wishes to your Mom! Your framed piece is gorgeous and the Quaker stocking your friend stitched for you is stunning. Have a joy-filled New Year, my friend!

Unknown said...

Loved all your photos, Terri! There is nothing else to be said, the pictures speak a thousand words! I am happy for your parents! You are a good daughter:) Much love and a blessed New Year to you and yours! Angie

pj said...

Terri, so glad you had a great Christmas! So special to enjoy each moment with those you love! You are a special lady and it is always a very touching day when I read your blog! I always look forward to what you come up with to share! Fun, fun! Glad you still like to blog and share with us!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Barb said...

Gosh Terri, I am so sorry I missed your post about sending your Mom a birthday card. Not sure how that happened! Anyway, I am so happy you all had a wonderful Christmas! Yuletide is beautiful, I know what it took to do that one!

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Thanks for the wonderful update news. Your mom looks so happy in those photos. Love your framed piece too.

Cathy Lloyd said...

Terri...you are such a sweet person and daughter. Such special memories for you and your parents! I hope this new year will bring you many more memories and much love. Love you!

Annie said...

So glad your Mom could enjoy some of the holiday celebrations. Love your framed piece. And such a great stocking!

Hope your 2017 is a happy one.

Tins and Treasures said...

Greeting, Terri,
I am so glad you were able to celebrate this holiday with your mom. You're right...they can be gone before we know what happened! Treasure the precious time you have with your family.
Happy New Year to you and yours. Take care, ~Natalie

Desiree Ehleiter said...

So glad your mom was having a good day on Christmas and you were able to enjoy a fun filled day with her. Cherish each day as you are doing. Hope you have a wonderful 2017!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the purest joy of the holiday season with your mom and family! It's such a tough disease and so hard to be on either side of it. xoxo

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you had such a special Christmas. It's so special that she was aware and joyful. Love your framed PSS too. Beautiful!

woolwoman said...

you are such a special person, perfect daughter, wonderful mother and devoted wife. I admire you so much Terri. I'm so glad I went far enough back to catch this blog post. Both my DH and I have been sick between Christmas and NY so it's just a blur at this point. I love your Yuletide framed - gorgeous! your quaker stocking gift is just smashing - what a friend! I wish for you many more happy days and peace and health in 2017 - with warm and "wooley-thoughts" Mel

Carol said...

I can tell how much you are treasuring these special days with your mom, Terri--how blessed both of you are to have each other nearby! I somehow missed the post about sending her a card--but am sending belated birthday wishes. How wonderful that must have been to open so many cards from around the world :)

I know 2017 will have its ups and downs, but I hope that even during the trying times, you will be able to smile and keep up that positive attitude of yours! Happy New Year!

daniela said...

Happy New Year ! beautiful your mother !!
Daniela

Gwen said...

So glad the Holidays went well for you and your family. Looking forward to seeing your stitching this year.